Dispositio is the personal blog of Holger Schott Syme.
I teach Shakespeare and friends at the University of Toronto, where I’m also (as of July 2011) chair of the Department of English and Drama on the Mississauga campus. Needless to say, my writings here reflect neither the views of my department (and the people in it) nor those of my university. Hence “personal.”
My posts here will likely deal with politics, academic issues, baseball, and possibly films. At any one time, depending on where my obsessions take me, some of these will dominate and others vanish. And I’ll probably stop posting altogether from time to time as well. We’ll see. My last blog died after one post, so this one’s already a winner.
If you need more details about me, see my website here.
- Berlin, Day 17: Coriolanus (Shakespeare / Sanchez), Deutsches Theater Kammerspiele
- Berlin, Day 16: Hedda Gabler (Ibsen / Pucher), Deutsches Theater
- Brecht, Baumgarten, Blackface
- Berlin, Day 14: Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare / Eidinger), Schaubuehne
- Berlin, Days 10 to 12: Too much to say, too little time…
- Berlin, Day 17: Coriolanus (Shakespeare / Sanchez), Deutsches Theater Kammerspiele -- my last review of this trip! dispositio.net/archives/1595 1 day ago
- Landed! This is the longest I've been without theatre (27 hours) in 18 days. 1 day ago
- TXL - FRA - YYZ! 1 day ago
- Those hipsters in their big woolly hats -- how don't they fry their brains in the summer? 1 day ago
Holger Syme's work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Images may be reused as long as their source is properly attributed in accordance with the Creative Commons License detailed above. Many of the photos here were taken at the Folger Shakespeare Library; please consult their policy on digital images as well.